These got rave reviews. Apparently they are a “life-changing event”. 😀 I enjoy this.
This post was initially made for Facebook, so it is much less precise, but now is your chance to be adventurous. Have at it with reckless abandon
Sorry about the lack of image. AND for the ridiculous amount of burritos and tacos. This will all change soon, I assure you.
Black Bean and Yam Burritos!
(I didn’t say sweet potato because I might get yelled at.)
- Black Beans: 2 cans
- Cilantro: 1/3 bunch (the rest of which will be used in the guacamole), chopped
- Cumin: Little bit
- Taco Seasoning: Some
- Agave Nectar: Splash
- Sauce pan
Heat on stove until everything else is done. I like to cook most of the liquid out and even mash them a little. Like refried black beans but not really and way chunkier.
- Vidalia Onion: 1, chopped however you see fit.
- Mystery Peppers: acquire from your mother. One was mildly spicy and the other was kind of like a bell pepper. Cut into similar size pieces as your onion.
- Zuchini: 1, I quartered mine then cut it.
- Garlic: As much as you can stand
- Tiny bit of salt
- No Oil
Cook on stove. No oil necessary, the water from the veggies will come out (especially with the salt added, but will anyway even if you don’t use salt).
- Yam: 1 large. Diced.
- Small bit of oil
- Little bit of salt
- One of those sheets with edges for the oven
Bake at 425 until done (that’s all I know.)
- Avocados: 3…. smushed to death. I found out yesterday that an egg beater thing (thoroughly cleaned) works REALLY well for this! (Google egg beater spring… it’s the first few images. I have no idea what it’s actually called).
- Lime Juice: I used a whole small lime, because I’m like that. Try it on occasion before going too crazy. Fresh makes a huge difference. (I didn’t think so either, I proved myself wrong. Just do it.)
- Cilantro: 2/3 bunch, chopped up.
- Garlic: I actually used powdered for this because it wasn’t going to sit at all. Worked well. Add to your liking.
- Salt: To taste.
- Tomato: Medium sized donation from mi madre. Added last minute. You won’t regret it.
- Salt: to taste
- Agave Nectar: Splash
Smash all ingredients together. Mmmmm.
Tofutti Sour Cream
Mrs. Renfro’s Habanero Salsa, hot (This is a brand. I do not know the Renfro family personally. At least not to my knowledge. I’m sure Facebook could tell me otherwise.)
Food for Life Brown Rice Tortillas. Wheat and Gluten Free.