Scrambles Tofu is a Vegan breakfast staple. Excellent eaten alone or even topped with ketchup, maple syrup, horseradish or anything your little heart desires (Okay, so I made up that horseradish bit, but seems like it wouldn’t be bad, no? Let me know if you try it). It’s nice to enjoy some egg.less egg.ness on a dreary-type Sunday morning. Ingredients beyond the spices and tofu are simply suggestions. Try anything you’d like in your scrambled tofu. The Carrots add a nice contrasting texture to the tofu that can also be achieved through chopped nuts.
- Garlic – 2 cloves diced
- Onion – 1 medium sized cut into rings
- Bell Pepper – 1/2 medium sized, diced
- Carrots – 10 baby/one whole cut into circles
- Celery – 2 stalks cut into smileys
- Broccoli – as much as desired
- Chopped Almonds
- Spinach or other greens
- Fresh Tofu (kind in water, not silken) 1-12oz pkg crumbled
- Spike Seasoning – 1T
- Ground Mustard – 1t
- Tumeric – 2t (This is awesome for adding color!)
In a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat sautee the veggies and such without the spices or leafy greens. When everything is almost finished add the leafy greens, tofu and Spike seasoning and cover until the greens are cooked through. Mix in the rest of the seasonings and cook for a few more minutes. Serve and enjoy!